Tuesday 20 September 2011

Freeway Madness Chapter 4

Sunday morning, Steve cutting the onions preparing for the lunch on dining table in the kitchen. Then he heard loud music cause Jeff's door vibrating, he stop his and looking to the wall clock shows: 10.30 am. 'Wow that's early!' he thought. Usually Jeff wake up late noon especially on Sunday, again he heard the door open let the loud music roaring the house.

You are up early!” Steve continue cutting his onions, Jeff replied with hum. He study his expression while he pouring the milk into a glass.

You are seems not in a morning mood.” he focus back his action,

Not really...” he mumble and drink the milk, Steve puzzled

Mike and Henry left the band.” he finished his milk. Steve sigh loudly, he drop his knife on the table,

Is it because of that night?!” he asked angrily, Jeff look at him and nodded. He looked at disbelieved and stare at the table blankly,

Dude....I'm sorry...that's terrible...are they giving up?!” he asked again, Jeff shrugged,

They didn't say anything. Actually they left voice message and I got it this morning.” he placed the clean glass at glass handler.

Didn't you call them back, ask them why?” he getting furious,

I can't call their number back, both numbers didn't exist. I guess they change it” he replied.

Look I'm not angry at you of course, but them!! I'm assume they giving up-”

Goddammit! Steve you can't just simply pointing them, you don't know what exactly their reason behind this! Could be personal problem.” he spat,

Ha! At least...at least they tell you something before leaving, right? So that you won't wondering what wrong with them!” he asked, Jeff look out the window and sighed loudly. He nodded agreed what he said. They silence at the moment and Steve continue,

Look kid, I didn't meant to interrupt your business...I just want help you and these guys are very irresponsible. I feel bad for you bro, they easily walking over you and I know you want to defend them because they are your friends since you are child. I'm sorry shouldn't pointing that out easily...I do respect them, it just I don't want you-” he realise he shouldn't said anything like that.

You don't want me what?” he is getting curious,

Nothing, I don't you become some other band during my time. Their band member take advantage of him then turns out nothing. That's my worry. You know what why don't you help me with dirty laundry while I'm preparing for lunch.” he lied and continue his action,
Okey.” he walk away from kitchen left Steve alone in the kitchen then he sighed loudly, 'Shit! That was close, so close! I shouldn't tell him now, this is not a right time or should I?!'
He place his palm on his forehead stare blankly to the window.

***

At the evening, Jeff is searching the vinyl on the cupboard while Steve smoking his cigarette, reading some books. Jeff found one of vinyl and start smirking at it,

Hey...I don't know you had this!” he excited,

What?” he look at him, exhaled the smoke and tapping his cigarette on ashtray solid glass. He flip the cover facing him and he surprised,

I don't know they still exist in my cupboard!” he smirked and raise his hand. Jeff hand it and stare at it,

Saxon; Rock the Nations.” he mentioned the name of vinyl, “I think bought this during touring around England with my band, we hang out together with your dad of course to local record store.” he flip at back,

Is that came out in 1986?” he asked,

Oh yeah, it was new for us at that time.” then he noticed something on the cover, below left side, 

“Owh...” he mumbled.

What's wrong?” he asked,

This...belongs to your dad,” he show and pointing at it stated with black ball point marker;
'It's mine, bitch! Get your own!!'
-Clive-

Jeff start to chuckles, “Oh yeah I remembered, mine had been stolen.” Steve continue and put it on the table.

How?” he asked,

Well it my stupidity, one of my buddy borrowed and never returned. Take from my advice don't you ever give your record to somebody either men or women, they all the same.” he rolled his eyes. Jeff smile at him, Steve stare at him with stern and he clear his throat,

I don't understand why they give a lots of bad review about this album, I think it's awesome. Of not as good as the previous like Strong Arm of the Law.” he is upset,

Yeah I don't understand either...Oh well, that's personal thoughts, some bastard not so open minded.” he inhale the cigarette,

Mind if put this on your stereo?” he asked and showing the vinyl,

Sure I would love to and now it's a little bit freedom our retard neighbour beside us is already moved out, in case you didn't know.” he exhale while Jeff brushing the record,

Seriously?” he stop his action and Steve nodded. He slowly place the vinyl on the turntable, the start music playing and turn the volume.

Oh come on!! Turn it up more!!” he shout,

Chill...dudee!” he give him a stern look, then slowly turn the volume up. Jeff walk to the sofa sits beside his uncle relaxing while exhaling the smoke of cigarette.
Now that's freedom.” he said. They enjoying the music with closing their eyes, suddenly, they interrupted by knocking at the door. 'Neighbours.' they thought looking at the door and then they stare each other, playing paper and scissor game who's going to opened it. Final result Steve showing rock and Jeff showing a paper “Ha!”, Steve pointing finger at him, lose. He stand up and walking toward the door with loud sigh, 'Here we go again...' his thoughts. He unlock the door and sees a tall men with skinny body but muscular, long blonde hair until upper his shoulder and sun glass. He looks similar to Bobby “Blitz”,

Bobby 'Blitz' wannabe?” he asked,

Some sort of and you are not the first one said that.” he chuckles and take off his glass,

By the way, don't you remember me? I'm Ross!” he smile, Jeff jaw drop puzzled and come near to him look up at Ross,

Ross?!” he surprised,

Hey, Steve. You evil bastard haven't for many years, I miss you bro.” lean downward and hugging him. He smack and scratch his head with his knuckles, “Ow! That hurt you scumbag!” he rubbing his pain.

Heh! Pretty long I haven't do that! And you!” he is pointing finger to Jeff, “You have dad's hand and looks. I'm sure you didn't remember me well.” he smile. 'Yes! Exactly! Who the hell are you?!!' he look upset at him, Steve pat his hands,

Jeff, this is Ross our ex-manager. You are always saw him shooting signboard from the bus window during tour, remember? He looks a little bit different now” he introduced. 'Yeah...I know you. Now I remember, you. You retard' he is nodding while narrowed his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment